Berahino: I will save West Brom from relegation & move on to bigger things

Saido Berahino is confident West Brom fans would not mind him moving on "to bigger things" should he help salvage the club's Premier League status.

The Burundi-born striker has 14 goals in all competitions for West Brom this season, with his strong form leading to a call-up to the England squad in November.

Despite some off-the-field problems, Berahino - whose contract runs out in June 2017 - has been continually linked with a move away from The Hawthorns, with Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal an admirer.

West Brom have always vehemently denied the forward will leave, however, while Berahino wants to make sure the Midlands club are in the top tier next season, he views his long-term future elsewhere.

"I've got to stay focused on what I'm doing right now, which is scoring the goals and keeping West Brom in the Premier League," Berahino told Sky Sports News.

"If I can keep them in the Premier League and score as many goals as I can, I'm pretty sure the fans wouldn't mind me pushing on and going on to bigger things."

West Brom sit 15th the Premier League, three points above the relegation zone, and have taken four points from their last three top-flight games since the appointment of Tony Pulis as head coach on New Year's Day.

Berahino: I will save West Brom from relegation & move on to bigger things Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown