Coutinho signs new long-term Liverpool deal

Liverpool have confirmed that Brazilian midfielder Philippe Coutinho has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

The 22-year-old, who arrived from Inter back in 2013, has flourished under Brendan Rodgers and been one of the club's stand-out performers in the 2014-15 campaign.

Speaking after having put pen to paper over a new deal, Coutinho told the club's official website: "I'm really happy. It's a dream come true playing for this great club and being part of this squad.

"Today I've committed my future to the club and for this I'm feeling very pleased. This club is great and the fans have always supported me, so I've been eager to sign this new deal since conversations started. Today is a very happy day.

"It means so much. This club has given me the opportunity to play and believed in me even though I hadn't been playing regularly at my previous club. I've had a great reception since my first day here. As I always say, Liverpool is a big family and I'm a happy person here."

Coutinho signs new long-term Liverpool deal Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown