Diego Costa: I’m no angel and I won't change my style of play

Who shares the same sentiments with Diego Costa? He has admited he is "no angel" on the pitch but the Chelsea striker is adamant that he has never intended to injure other players.

The 26-year-old is currently serving a three-game ban after television replays showed the forward standing on Emre Can’s leg during Chelsea’s 1-0 extra-time win over Liverpool in the League Cup last Tuesday.

"As far as what happened on Tuesday, the main thing is when I get home I can go home and I can go to sleep knowing that I’ve not done anything wrong, because I never meant to do that and it was not on purpose," Costa told the Daily Telegraph.

"And you can clearly see that on the video. But it is a suspension. I have to accept that, I have to take it. Obviously I feel sad because I’m not going to be able to help the team, to play. But I have accept it and respect it.

"I’m not saying I’m an angel. I’m no angel. You can see that. But every time I play I will play the same way because that’s the way I am. That’s what I need to do in order to support my family. That’s my bread and butter, also that’s what I need to do for this club and for the fans of this club, for the supporters and for all the people involved in this club.

"On the pitch I will always be like that. That’s my character and I will always compete and compete - always. I’m a different guy off the pitch, as you can see, but on the pitch I will not change."

Costa has faced criticism over his physical and confrontational approach but the Chelsea striker maintains he has no plans to change his style of play.

"On the pitch I transform myself, I really, really want to win," he continued.

"I want to be competitive, I want to run all over - I want to win. I can accept defeat but I love to win and be competitive.

"It is my job and I love it. I train all week just to play for 90 minutes. I love playing games and so during those 90 minutes, it’s always 100 per cent.

"How many times have I injured someone? Never. I’ve never injured another colleague, another player on purpose. Yes, I’ve had loads of incidents, maybe even more in Spain. But that’s the way I play. I’m not going to change the way I play because I got banned for a few games now."

Diego Costa: I’m no angel and I won't change my style of play Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown