I'm a cross between Gerrard and Yaya Toure, says Tottenham's new signing Alli

atest Tottenham signing Dele Alli has likened himself to a mixture of Premier League stars Steven Gerrard and Yaya Toure.

The 18-year-old moved to Spurs on deadline day in a deal that sees him remain with MK Dons for the remainder of the season before linking up with Mauricio Pochettino in the summer.

And, despite receiving interest from the likes of Newcastle and Liverpool, the England under-19 international chose to move to White Hart Lane, in a move on Tuesday morning.

In an interview with the Football Association in September, Alli said: “Harry Winks and I were talking about who I play like and he was trying to tell me I’m like Fernandinho but I’m not having that.

“I’d prefer to think I’m a cross between Gerrard and Yaya Toure.”

Spurs are believed to have paid €6.6 million for the box-to-box midfielder and Alli told the club's official website: “It’s a massive club and I’m really happy to be here.

"I’m looking forward to meeting all the lads and getting to work with the manager. It’s a dream come true."

Pochettino has shown faith in the club's young players this season, with the likes of Harry Kane and Ryan Mason thriving in the first team, and Alli says this was a big factor in his decision to join Spurs.

He added: “I like the way the manager has been working, developing the youth and bring a lot of young players in. I wanted to come to a club where the manager puts a lot of trust into young players.

“I’d love to play for Spurs and play at White Hart Lane. It won’t be easy and I’ll have fight for my place in the team but I’ll work hard to do that.”

I'm a cross between Gerrard and Yaya Toure, says Tottenham's new signing Alli Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown