Januzaj: Van Gaal's system is difficult for me

Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj says he wants to see more match action this season, but admits he does not fit into manager Louis van Gaal's preferred formation.

Thegoalmac reported in early January that Januzaj had been told by Van Gaal that he had no place in the Dutchman's plans at the time, and should wait until nearer the end of the transfer window to see if he could get a loan move elsewhere.

The Belgian was eventually kept at the club despite interest from elsewhere, and has returned to the line-up in recent weeks when Van Gaal has moved away from his 3-5-2 formation, which had been a permanent fixture between November and the middle of last month.

But he admits that he wants more time on the pitch and that he cannot play as a wing-back, telling United's matchday programme: "The system can make it more difficult for me to play there but I have to keep working. That is what I am doing in training every day, as I want to get more games this season.

"I've been a No.10 since I was young and I can play there more easily but I know I can also play as a winger.

"I'm not really a wing-back. It's harder for me because there is more defending involved and I'm not really a defender.

"I was in attack for the Under-21s and, yes, we had the diamond at Cambridge [in the first leg of the FA Cup fourth round clash] and I played as a left midfielder. I feel comfortable there as well. I think I can play well there without a problem."

When asked where he sees himself playing in the future, he added: "It depends on how my football evolves. My favourite position is as a No.10 or a winger.

"There are a lot of players here and I can play in different roles - it is just a case of taking any opportunities."

Januzaj: Van Gaal's system is difficult for me Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown