Messi would be the ultimate PSG signing, says Maxwell

Thegoalmac has learned that Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi would be the ultimate signing for Paris Saint-Germain, according to Maxwell.

Messi was linked with a move away from Camp Nou in January following reports of a training-ground bust-up with Blaugrana boss Luis Enrique.


However, the Argentine repeatedly reaffirmed his commitment to the Catalans and no transfer materialised, though rumours persist that a summer switch is not an impossibility.

Former Barca defender Maxwell has now admitted that he would love to see Messi join him at the Parc des Princes, revealing that the four-time Ballon d'Or winner is the finest talent he has come across during his long and illustrious career.

"It's hard to say who the best player I've played against in my career is," the Brazilian told Uefa.com. "I've played against many great players, but I'd pick Leo Messi.

"I've played alongside him and against him and, for me, he is the best player ever.
"It is difficult to answer who I'd sign if PSG could convince anybody to come, but I would say Messi."

The full-back fondly remembers his three-year spell at Barca, where he won 10 trophies before departing for Paris in 2012.

"My time there was something indescribable," Maxwell added. "It was a magical time, everyone was amazing. It was a pleasure to train and live with those players daily. I'll never forget it."

Messi would be the ultimate PSG signing, says Maxwell Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown