Van Gaal: Di Maria over burglary attempt

Louis Van Gaal insists that he does not have any doubts over Angel Di Maria ahead of Manchester United's clash with West Ham, despite the Argentine being the victim of an attempted burglary.

According to reports, the former Real Madrid man is currently living in a hotel with his wife and daughter after an incident at their family home in Cheshire last weekend.

But the Dutch manager claims that he isn't worried about Di Maria’s commitment to the United cause, having fielded the club's record signing against Cambridge United earlier this week.

“Yes, you are right [I am concerned about Di Maria]. I believe in the ‘total human being’ principle," he told reporters. "His environment is also important and he was worried about his wife and child.

“He wanted to play against Cambridge United and I played him. I decided in the past that I would never play a player in those circumstances because of the ‘total human being’ principle.

"But with him I had the feeling I had to give him the chance to play and I am happy I let him play because he played very well.

“Of course, I have to decide on Sunday again, but when I have seen already his performance against Cambridge United, I don’t think I have any doubt.”

Van Gaal: Di Maria over burglary attempt Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown