If Pep Guardiola benches me, no problem, says Alonso

Xabi Alonso has admitted he could easily be dropped from the Bayern Munich team, but says he will respect Pep Guardiola's decision if the coach chooses to leave him out, Thegoalmac can reveal.

The 33-year-old has featured in 21 matches in all competitions for Bayern so far this season as his new side compete on three fronts.

Alonso acknowledged he could be left out for some games, even if the winter break has allowed him to prepare for the second half of the campaign.

"The long winter break helped me a lot, but it was my intention to play as many games as possible and help my team and my manager in the best way possible," he told reporters.

"With my other clubs I had a break but not for so long. In Spain you have one week off, in England maybe a single day. There is really a difference here in Germany and that is good for me because my mind and my legs could refresh.

"If the manager drops me, I have to respect his decision and be ready when he needs me again. I don't have to switch my style of play."

The former Real Madrid star also said he is happy to be playing with so many talented team-mates in the centre of midfield.

Alonso continued: "It is always good to play alongside such strong players like Bastian Schweinsteiger, David Alaba, Mario Gotze or anyone else.

"Of course you have to adjust in some moments to work with different qualities of the players alongside you, but in the end I don't have to change much."

If Pep Guardiola benches me, no problem, says Alonso Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown