Adebayor: Levy blocked me from joining Westham

Emmanuel Adebayor has revealed that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy blocked his exit from the club at the end of the January transfer window.

The Togolese striker appeared set to leave White Hart Lane after falling out of favour under manager Mauricio Pochettino, making just 11 Premier League appearances in 2014-15.

West Ham made a deadline day move to sign Adebayor on loan having seen their attempt to recall Mauro Zarate from QPR fail, and the striker was understood to be keen on the prospect of joining the Hammers.

But the 30-year-old has now revealed that Levy personally intervened to stop any such switch, due to the rivalry between the two clubs.

The striker told Sky Sports News: “The club decided to send me out on loan, which I was pleased with.

"I was lucky enough to have five good clubs in my hand. I decided to go to three, and then when I decided the one I wanted to go, Mr Levy was against it, because they’re a rival.

"He decided I should stay at the club and I’m happy to stay at the club and do my job."

Adebayor has scored just two goals in all competitions this season, and has slipped behind Harry Kane - who signed a new contract on deadline day - and Roberto Soldado in the pecking order in north London.

Adebayor: Levy blocked me from joining Westham Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown